The Firefighters Pension Investment Fund
The Firefighters Pension Investment Fund (“FPIF”) is responsible for investing the assets of the 296 suburban Chicago and downstate Illinois firefighter pension funds. A 9-member Board of Trustees made up of 4 active firefighters, 1 retired firefighter and 4 representatives of employers governs the Fund.
The Trustees are fiduciaries for the participants and beneficiaries of the participating pension funds and discharge their duties solely in the interest of the fund participants and beneficiaries.
The Fund’s goal is to provide above market returns at below market costs.
FPIF had a very temporary web presence that was just put together in order to share critical documents that were required. When they reached out to Plego, they needed a modern web presence and branding assistance.
They needed a logo first. The logo would establish the brand identity including the colors. The logo’s design would determine the direction of the website as well.
Our designers came up with multiple iterations of the FPIF logo. The following was considered:
- FPIF Slogan: PROTECTING FIREFIGHTERS’ RETIREMENT SECURITY
- FPIF Mission:
- The Firefighters Pension Investment Fund (“FPIF”) is responsible for investing the assets of the 291 suburban and downstate firefighter pension funds.
- Color Preferences:
- Firefighter RED, Fire Orange, Navy Blue, Gray/Silver
- Style Inspiration
- We asked FPIF for examples of other logos they might like
- Based on the feedback, we gave them many logo designs to choose from, as seen below:
After consultation, consideration and collaboration, FPIF selected the logo seen on the website today.
Website Design and Development
A wordpress website was created with the following sections:
- The Homepage contained a Large Home banner that can be edited by client.
- It also had information about FPIF.
- Board of Trustees
- This section provides multiple pages of information about the members of FPIF and their personal bios.
- Policies and Publications
- Downloadable PDF’s for users to study were made available here.
- This section can be managed via WordPress CMS by the client.
- News and Calendar
- News about FPIF which can be managed by Client is available here.
- Calendar event dates for FPIF which can also be managed by Client are also shown.
- Pending Rules
- Downloadable documents about the rules of FPIF are made available here.
- This section can be managed via WordPress CMS by client.
- Member Resources
- Downloadable content for members is available here.
- Contact Us
- Ways to contact FPIF are shown here.
- Also information regarding freedom of information act has been made available.