The Firefighters Pension Investment Fund (“FPIF”) is responsible for investing the assets of the 296 suburban Chicago and downstate Illinois firefighter pension funds.
A 9-member Board of Trustees comprises four active firefighters, one retired firefighter, and four representatives who govern the Fund.
The Trustees are fiduciaries for the participants and beneficiaries of the participating pension funds and discharge their duties solely in the interest of the fund participants and beneficiaries.
The Fund’s goal is to provide above-market returns at below-market costs.
- The foundation is always in the process of evolving and changing, so it was important for FPIF to have a web presence that could adapt.
- Unavailability of the Downloadable Content to the Member.
- Training Material Modules needed to be introduced.
- An unappealing Logo could not define the identity of FPIF.
Plego’s team was able to come up with a number of creative and innovative solutions for these challenges.
Our designers came up with multiple iterations of the FPIF logo. The following considered:
- FPIF Slogan
- PROTECTING FIREFIGHTERS’ RETIREMENT SECURITY
- FPIF Mission
- The Firefighters Pension Investment Fund (“FPIF”) is responsible for investing the assets of the 291 suburban and downstate firefighter pension funds.
- Color Preferences
- Firefighter RED, Fire Orange, Navy Blue, Gray/Silver
- Style Inspiration
- FPIF requested preferred logo examples.
- Based on the feedback, we provided various logo designs to select from, as seen below:
Website Design and Development
A WordPress website built with the following sections:
- Stylish and dynamic home banner that client can edit
- Information about FPIF
Board of Trustees
- This Section provides multiple pages of Downloadable information that includes:
- Agendas, Schedules and Minutes of The Trustees, Management Team, Audit & Compliance, Investment & Operations, Election Panels and Legislative Committees of FPIF and their bios
- Each Block is dedicated, enhancing readability and layouts merged with downloadable content
FPIF Board of Trustees Agendas & Minutes
Audit and Compliance Committee Agendas & Minutes
Investments & Operations Committee Agendas & Minutes
Elections Committee and Elections Panel Agendas & Minutes
Legislative Committee Agendas & Minutes
Policies and Publications
- Downloadable PDF’s for users to study
- WordPress CMS makes it easy to maintain the publications
News and Calendar
- Aesthetic rollout animation of two sections incorporated
- News about FPIF, which the Client can manage
- With Reference to a particular day also displayed within a calendar system for FPIF, which the Client can also manage
- A manageable Section display documents regarding election rules
- FPIF also encourages public comment
This section is further divided into three sub sections:
- Rules and Regulations are described for Special Election
- Training and webinars are highlighted along with Backlinks
- Brief introduction of Vendor, Custodians, Investment Consultant
- While expressing freedom of act, FPIF enabled various ways to contact
- Information regarding FPIF, their Budget, and links to the records are available on an immediate basis