Alicia Fidler from Union Insurance Group
“Plego has completed several web development projects for our firm and we have been very pleased with each. Amin and his team have been essential to help problem-solve in various capacities to ensure an efficient and productive end product. We have been continually pleased with results including professional optics and user-friendly functionality.
Union Insurance Group – UIG
UIG – Custom Web Applicationwww.sharedlob.uigins.com
Union Insurance Group, with more than 6,800 labor organizations onboard ranging from small, locals to internationals, is the largest agency specializing in business insurance, protection, and peace of mind for labor organizations.
In a technology-driven market, UIG had several challenges with their data and insufficient database modules. UIG required a user-friendly and dynamic web application to manage their eCommerce, automate the traditional manual procedure, and integrate a strong, reliable, and secure payment system. Other complexities involved:
- Document Control
The paper procurement procedure required a large amount of effort to regulate the policies and maintain track of the stored ones.
- Error Handling
UIG had a difficult time dealing with the manual procurement problems.
- Duplication or Data Redundancy
Lack of tools for validating and eradicating repetitive data.
The system was reliant on good workers.
- Process Delay
The time spent on multiple departmental dependencies enhanced the probability of a delayed supply and demand process for insurance bonds.
- Costly framework
The amount of time spent on manual operations increased the workforce and, ultimately, the cost.
- Visibility Concerns
Depending on the number of bills and invoices, UIG had to manually monitor and check the progress of payments at each stage, from data entry logging to actual revenue.
- Insufficient Security
Unauthorized users could have accessed confidential information due to inadequate security.
Plego automated its online presence by developing a powerful web application to store essential data regarding clients’ insurance with secure, personalized payment integration modules for seamless transactions to overcome these obstacles. UIG also benefited from other features such as;
- Plego Technologies automated the data collection process, earlier held within spreadsheets, to increase accuracy and provide access to more precise data, allowing firm executives to make better decisions.
- All information for all authorized parties is integrated on a single platform.
- The web portal envisioned a paperless environment to save processing time.
- The Web Application also improved the visibility of UIG’s clients, processing, and payment modules to offer a more comprehensive picture.
- Plego framed a customized integrated payment system for clients to purchase SUL or LOB bonds online and offline for their employees.
- Plego’s team of experts developed an innovative, dynamic and responsive system to help UIG produce better and more accurate projections while tracking and monitoring every asset and resource of future business needs and revenues in this technologically advanced age.
- Team of Highly Professionals at Plego designed two separate web portals, each for the Policy owner and Admin of UIG, with different advanced, automated, and user-friendly interfaces.
THE ADMIN FEATURES ARE AS FOLLOWS:
Main Interface Briefly Highlights the Information of the Beneficiaries of UIG.
Admin needs to apply the credentials to have complete access.
Main Interface of Dashboard displays all the essential categories with Thumbnail internal Links embedded such as;
- Manage Entity.
- Manage Logos.
- Renew Policies.
This section is divided into two categories;
- Accounting Reports.
- Marketing Reports.
Section Accounting Reports is further divided into three categories;
- Types of Policies such as SUL + LOB.
- Labor Leader.
- Make a Payment.
Shared UL + LOB
SUL and LOB are types of policies clients want for the employees.
- Shared UL:- When Client purchases Multiple Bonds for the employees at one time.
- LOB:- When a client purchases a bond, whenever the necessity arises.
This Section stores all the data of policies acquired by the clients against their employees for both the types “SUL” and “LOB”. Other detail includes;
- Text Fields From – To (Dates).
- Search Bar.
- Excel sheet (Downloadable).
Further, all the essential details regarding policies are fetched and recorded in form of rows and columns.
Such Important columns are;
- Affiliation Type.
- Entity / Client Name.
- Phone Number and Address.
- Email Address.
- Policy Type.
- Policy Limit (Include range).
- Premium (Total Amount).
- Fees (On Premium).
- Payment Type (Manual or Online).
- Payment Date.
- Payment Made (Status).
- Money Security (Extra Deposited Money).
This Section covered only a specific type which is LOB. All the essential features are the same as discussed earlier.
Make a Payment
This Customized Interface Displays further three categories. These models provide access to the admin to pay on behalf of the client, such as;
- Make a Payment (LOB).
- Make a Payment (SUL).
- Make a Payment (Invoice).
Make a Payment LOB and SUL
Upon a click on any of the above categories of SUL or LOB, A Form pops up with almost the same text fields such as;
- Affiliation (Type).
- Email Address / Entity Number of the Client whose payment is being made.
- Button “Pay” redirects admin to PayPal or other payment methods- (Sample attached for the reference).
Make a Payment (Invoice)
This Section helps the admin pay the dues (If so) offline through Invoices. For that Admin needs to put an Invoice Number. Button “Submit” allows Admin to download the invoice.
It enables Admin to download the Invoice and pay offline.
The interface of this Section displays two categories;
- Data Collection.
The volume of information is collected on-board and off-board from clients and forwarded to this section for marketing purposes.
The Web Application calculates and automates data to generate an analytical report that improves forecasting and decision-making techniques.
- This section is dedicated for the admin to observe the performance of clients in terms of Policies and payment against them.
- Admin can search for Policy Owners by entering their affiliation and email address in the search box (Sample).
This interface is divided into three sections, each of which allows the administrator to Include and Modify the Policy beneficiaries from the UIG domain. Such as;
- Add Entity.
- Edit Entity.
- Data Upload.
This section allows the admin to add all the detail of the new client with detail from;
- Entity Name to the Policy Type.
- Limit to the Premium Amount.
- Beginning to the Expiration date.
This Section enables the admin to edit the existing information of the policy owner.
This section helps Admin to Incorporate bulk data from the specific format of spreadsheets.
The admin can analyze, manage, and upload the policy owners’ logos, sequence, status, and mandatory information using a user-friendly and dynamic interface.
This Interface displays two categories where the admin has access to delete, upload and overwrite the data of UIG’s Policies.
Delete Policies Data
To Delete the existing policy, Admin needs to select the “Policy Type” and the “Affiliation”. After adding the desired details, a “Submit” Button removes the policy from an entire platform of UIG.
This Section enables the admin to upload the data (Stored in a spreadsheet format) that further reflects in designed tables inside reports.
THE POLICY OWNER/USER FEATURES ARE AS FOLLOWS:
Policy Owners need to apply the credentials to have complete access.
This interface reflects the policies that the users hold. Such as;
- Labor Organization Bond.
- Shared Union Liability.
Labor Organization Bond
The enrolment form reflects the Client’s Information ranging from;
- An entity to the Policy Name.
- Bond Amount to the Premium, a customer holds.
Button “Pay” redirects the user to the payment method to clear the dues or deposit extra money in the wallet.
A Click on Button “Pay” takes a user to the Integrated Payment Method to pay the due amount through the following ways;
- Credit Card.
- Electronic Check.
- Invoice (Downloadable) to pay the amount in person
- The user needs to apply the credentials of a Credit Card to process the Payment.
- The facility of Electronic check processing is also available.
- Users can download the Invoice and pay offline.
Shared Union Liability
This section includes all of the above-noted features.
This Electronic Receipt contains all the information of the client as a source of evidence such as;
- Account Number.
- Amount Due.
- Amount Paid.