Magento Implementation – Magento, MySQL
With its broad roster of new stars and legendary artists, our client is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry, one of the world’s leading music publishers, with a catalog of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
The client had an outdated backbone infrastructure to support their ecommerce presence. Plego was contracted to upgrade the site from an outdated admin interface of Magento 1 to a more updated Magento 2 back-end. In addition, all of their artist stores had to be migrated to a Cloud environment for the sake of scalability and security.
This massive undertaking required an entire rebuild of the back-end components of all the clients artist stores. Not only a rebuild, but a migration and a complete quality control undertaking to ensure the performance, functionality and security of the site.
The user interface also required a complete overhaul. Product catalog and shopping cart user experiences needed to be revamped and updated.
Below is the solution Plego implemented in order to accomplish such a massive undertaking.
- Update the Product Catalog browsing experience utilizing full Magento 2 featureset.
- Update Shopping Cart capabilities including Paypal and Visa Checkout functionality.
- Add more image and visual representation of products.
- Build the infrastructure in Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) to optimize the Magento application by ensuring scalability and security.
- Implemented Full Page Caching using Redis that improved the response time and reduced the load on the server.
- Identified and disabled unused Magento modules.
- Created automated procedures that Clean up the Magento Database and create logs backups on a regular basis. The database is then shipped to AWS S3 cloud storage.
- Performed integration and performance testing to validate the entire functionality of the site.
- Optimized database performance by implementing caching using memcached.
- Enhanced user experience would lead to less abandoned carts and more completed sales.
- The new Magento2 application hosted in the cloud environment with full-page caching significantly boosted the performance and ensured scalability and security.
- Magento2 provided a significantly better technical architecture in that its file structure is much more simplified for extensions, themes and other uses.
- The new admin interface in Magento2 helped reduce the time managing online stores. It’s a lot more user-friendly and easier for new team members to learn.
- Magento2 offers responsively designed (and SEO-friendly) themes, integrated video, and easier checkout. These all improved the look and function of Magento stores on mobile devices, thus encouraging mobile sales.